Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Go Big Red!

Can I start by saying how simply excited I am for this weekend?!  It’s the beginning of Husker football, and if you know anything about my in-laws (and ESPECIALLY my person), they LOVE IT!  Lucky for Knox, I love it, too!  We’ll be headed down to Lincoln tomorrow morning to prep for the game via the Jones Family tailgate.  I’m super excited as my parents will be joining as well, and I am most assured a good time will be had by all.  Timothy, our Husker gnome, will also be in attendance for good luck even though I know we won’t need it after we effortlessly hand over to TN @ Chatt their first loss.

We’re going to try and head to La Festa Italiana tonight, depending upon how much we get accomplished this afternoon.  Check out the website for more details.  http://www.omahaitaly.com/  The food is simply fantastic and I love me some homemade cannoli.  You bet we’ll be taking a box of those goodies home with us tonight.  MMM…the thought of a meatball sandwich makes me hungry already!

I SAW KE$HA!  And LMFAO.  What a FUN night.  LMFAO was definitely the best part of the show, and it was one serious dance party.  Ke$ha was amazing, I’m sorry for those of you that are haters out there, but she rocked it.  She has SO MANY songs that we all know, she definitely has done a good job making herself a catchy popstar.  The only downer to the night was going home and knowing had to get up and go to work the next day.  Oh, what happened to the days when I went out EVERY night of the week and could have cared a less if it was Wednesday or Friday?!?!??!!?  Growing up is so fun to do!

Speaking of which…

Last night was my first experience playing first base on my softball team.  HELLO!  Next time I will be arriving in nothing short of full catchers gear, only to surprise the team by announcing that I am truly the first baseman. Upon the news that I was being upgraded to this new position, I was asked if I was afraid of the ball.  If you know me, you know my answer was “no way, bring it on”.  Second inning I was completely rocked by a guy who hit the ball at warped speed at no place other than my shin. Needless to say, the majority of my leg is black and blue today, my brother asked if I really needed a glove as I am using my body to stop the ball, and Knox has been taking care of me with ice packs and ibuprofen.  I’m a little nervous as I have a couple of races coming up in the next month, but will still be headed to the gym to work on strength training until I am up and running at full speed again.  Injuries, too, are not as fun to get over (similar to how waking up the next day after a concert and having to go to work) the older you get!

Wedding plans are going so smoothly!  A few more things down and few surprises to come!  Cannot wait for everyone to share in our big day!

Have a great weekend, and GO BIG RED!

XO!
Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment