Friday, September 9, 2011

Birthdays, Weddings and Huskers

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!
It’s almost time for the weekend, and I couldn’t be more excited for it to be here!  Tonight we are going to Katie’s Greek Restaurant (katiesgreek.com) to celebrate my parent’s birthdays!  Yahoo!  I can’t wait.  The food is absolutely delicious and the restaurant is owned by very good friends of my parent’s.  I think that Knox and I have both been dreaming about Greek food the last few days in preparation for tonight’s festivities!
Tomorrow will be a fun filled day, though sadly Knox and I will be spending it apart.  A very good childhood friend is getting married, and therefore I will be attending the wedding with my family.  At the time I had received the Save the Date card, I had told Knox he could still go to the Husker game as we hadn’t been dating that long and I knew he would be bummed to miss it.  Well here we are, so many months later, engaged and both committed to separate events tomorrow.  I know that we will both have a really good time, but having fun is never the same without your best friend in tow!
We are kicking off our United Way campaign here at work this week.  Our department is donating three baskets for the Business Services Center raffle.  I have completed two of them (lots of help from Kelli Erhart and a few other members on my team) and need to get the remaining goods for the final basket.
The first basket is an “all seasons” basket full of items for all seasons of the year…beach towels, Christmas candles, holiday pillowcases, gel potpourris, flower seeds, Easter eggs, cocktail napkins and so much more.
The second basket is a date night basket, primarily French themed, which includes a bottle of Moscato, two wine glasses, chocolates, a candle, cocktail napkins and Visa gift card.

The last basket will be Creighton themed as my former boss in Internal Audit, Jude, generously donated a pair of tickets to the winner’s game of choice to a Creighton basketball game (thank you, Jude)!    I need to grab a few more goodies for this basket and accessorize with the required white and blue before sending it off on Monday.  I know I would love to win any of these!
Sunday I am trying on wedding dresses…WOWZA!  I can’t believe it!  I am very excited and will be accompanied by my Mother, future Mother in Law, and Knox’s Grandmother, Patty.
Last but not least, enjoy this photo from last week’s Ke$ha concert.  I’m following quickly in the footsteps of my Great Grandma Houghtaling, having a superior ability to cut people’s heads off!

Just love Gayle, Liz and Angie!  We had so much fun!

Have a great weekend, and Go Big Red!
XO,
Anastasia
P.S.  I will get into this more later, I’m sure, but has anyone watched the first episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills!??!  Knox came in and commented that I looked like a zombie glued to the TV.  My response was “don’t you know this is my “watching a train wreck” face”?!?!?  All I have to say is WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment